We returned to Shanghai after 5 days in YangZhou and ZhenJiang. It was a good trip up - saw some things, settled some family issues, and I paid my respects to my ancestors. Back in Shanghai, we had a few more things to deal with, which meant......getting down to the gritty day to day business of life in the city. It also meant getting our own groceries and cooking at home, which I was actually looking forward to.
Shanghai markets are certainly an experience. North American farmer's markets can't hold a candle to what they offer here. Look at this - we bought fresh, live fish everyday. Took, quite literally, 30 seconds from the time when we chose our fish, to cleaning it, to bagging. I asked him to clean the fish for us - my mouth just fell open as I saw him calmly rip the gills and intestines out in one quick motion. Extraordinary.
DF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment