Sunday, July 4, 2010

For meat, for me

DSC_5197

I had my friends over for meat tonight, to celebrate graduations, post-graduate admissions, belated birthdays. Beef, the finest, done the right way. Seared hard, basted in butter, rare and bloody. Lots of fascinating red wines as well - those pieces are next. I love beef, and when I hear my friend say This is a piece of heaven as she bites into a chunk of rib steak......well that's the whole point, isn't it? That's why I thought long and hard about a menu, that's why I burned two fingers on my right hand badly, that's why I sweated profusely in the kitchen all night. Nothing crushes me as my friends not enjoying my dinners, and nothing delights me more in their appreciating that when they come chez Fang, a proper and righteous meal will be served. Merci, mes amis. A riesling dinner, soon.

DF

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for dinner
    I expected nothing less from a meal at DF's and that's what I got

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'd like to get my own dinosaur bone next time, f sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you earn your pin, and what is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROKChoi, I went in thinking there was a lot of meat, we all have good appetites.

    Opera, I earned it for being awesome.

    ReplyDelete