
Before I rush out to the LCBO, I have to keep reminding myself that while the mind is willing to give up food for wine, the body is not. I have gladly given up buying clothing for wine - what else can I save on then?
It's been months since I've bought wine to drink. Everything I've bought has been to put away, which lessens the guilt I feel everytime I walk into Bayview Village. I'm investing for the future, and so when I do open the bottles, the cost has been written off. It's a perfect situation - I derive utility from eventually opening and enjoying each bottle, and unlike every other form of capital, I also derive utility now from putting the bottles away. Win-win-win situation because if I don't buy wine, I know I'll piss it on something stupid.
Anyways - there's a bottle of Chinon that looks interesting, as well as a Cahors, which I always try to buy. Some interesting ports as well. Having this much choice is a curse...and I blame my parents for it. If they started getting into wine just 10 years ago, in the 90's, I could be drinking mature clarets and other fascinating wines, instead of having to build everything up from nothing.
It's been months since I've bought wine to drink. Everything I've bought has been to put away, which lessens the guilt I feel everytime I walk into Bayview Village. I'm investing for the future, and so when I do open the bottles, the cost has been written off. It's a perfect situation - I derive utility from eventually opening and enjoying each bottle, and unlike every other form of capital, I also derive utility now from putting the bottles away. Win-win-win situation because if I don't buy wine, I know I'll piss it on something stupid.
Anyways - there's a bottle of Chinon that looks interesting, as well as a Cahors, which I always try to buy. Some interesting ports as well. Having this much choice is a curse...and I blame my parents for it. If they started getting into wine just 10 years ago, in the 90's, I could be drinking mature clarets and other fascinating wines, instead of having to build everything up from nothing.
bought a bottle of wine to drink.. are you free fri night? txt/call
ReplyDeletec.