Happy Chinese New Year!
It's that time of year again. I think for me, this is one of the most special holidays. Because it's one of those times that I really think about my family, not just my immediate family here, but all my family in China, Japan, and Australia. And of course, I can't forget my cousin Connie, who's now in Lyon.
It's also a time for lots of great food. Anyone who's at all familiar with Chinese culture knows the importance we place on food, especially for our new year's celebrations. And of course, it's time to drink not red wine, or white wine for that matter, but Chinese spirits. We have various types of rice wine, hard to find in North America, but I can't imagine a better partner for Chinese food.
Lots of midterms this week and next, but I'm making a short one day stop in Toronto to have dinner with my family, then I'm hurrying back out.
In the meantime, I wish you all prosperity and health in the New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment