Wednesday, December 19, 2007

To the south of France!

This will be my last post of 2007. It's been a few days, I've been extremely busy with finals. Really starting to feel burned out and just wasted. I definitely need a change of scenery.

I will leave Toronto on Dec 21, for Nice, France. I'm spending just under 2 weeks there. Yes, just the Cote d'Azur area, not Paris. A lot of friends have asked me why I'm not spending any time in Paris. I can't answer that - I just want to spend my holidays in the south.

This will be a solo adventure. Never done that before, a true solo trip, so I'm very excited. The purpose of this trip is to just completely immerse myself in French culture. I want to eat a lot of good food and drink litres and litres of wine. I'm aiming for 1.5 bottles a day - that's not too bad is it?

One thing I definitely won't do is all the touristy stuff when I'm there. I want to blend in, although it might be hard for a Chinese guy in Europe. I want to really explore the city, not just all the famous areas, but all the little streets and shops. My dream is to find, first, a cigar shop, then second, a wine shop, and third, a quiet little bistro to relax in.

I'm not sure about whether I'll be able to have internet access. I suppose I could use my cousin's or find an internet cafe, but I probably won't go into a lot of trouble to track one down. I'll be spending too much time finding places to eat! I'll take lots of pictures, and hopefully some of them will include myself in them!

This trip is definitely going to be an incredible experience. It's going to give me a completely different perspective on French culture, something that I've always been enamoured with but unable to see in person. So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone, and in 2 days, I'm off on my adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Hey David! hope all your exams went well and been studying very hard!
    I am very excited for you too; regarding your trip to France! Have loads of fun and drink lots of wine! =) take care and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Carmen! Hopefully I'll have a lot of fun stories when I get back, we have to get together before the winter term starts!

    ReplyDelete