Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The name

I feel like I should explain why I'm calling my blog 'La Cave de Fang'. It means Fang Cellars. Fang is my family name. Cellars...well, that should be obvious.

I made up my mind a long time ago that if I ever built the perfect cellar at home, I would nail a huge plaque on top of the entrance that read 'Les Caves de Fang'. That's what I would name my cellars. I thought of giving it the same title as my art studio, but since about 95% of my wine is French, the only appropriate thing was to give it a French sounding name.

Having a huge problem naming the thing, I asked my good buddy for some advice. I trust her judgement completely - she's one of the most creatively talented people I know and on top of that, she speaks French like a native. She recommended the singular form - La Cave instead of Les Caves because in her words, 'it's where all ur precious memories are stored within 1 secretive cellar'.

Perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Great first and second entries!
    looking forward to more updates regarding you and your experience with the many different wines that are out there! really like the name of your blog =) means a lot more than how you will just read it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carmen! I'll do my best not to go on and on about boring stuff!

    ReplyDelete