Picked up some wild white shrimp, asparagus, peameal bacon, brie, and of course, fresh rabbit.
Now, I'm not a monster, I had no part in this animal's death. This is how I bought it. I was just responsible for cutting it up and cooking it. I love rabbit - I had a fantastic pan-seared rabbit dish when I was in France that I still dream about. Rabbit has that spicy, gamey flavour and it's so tender. Look at this - it's kind of scary seeing it like this. But keep thinking about it as food, and just get to work. I separated all 4 legs, the loins, chopped the bones up, and stripped the fat. Also, I severed the kidney, liver, and heart. I had in mind 2 dishes. Nothing wasted at all, and that's the most important thing. Respect what the animal gives to you, and make sure there's no waste.

No comments:
Post a Comment