
I know, I'm sorry - another piece on rieslings. I promise it'll be one of the last for a while. Besides, don't have any more wines in the house. Anyways, it was a magnificent wine. Cork was moldy and black - got me worried. But it's so exciting whenever you open a bottle that has more than 10 years of bottle age on it. You really never know what to expect. The colour was lighter than I expected. Such a fragrant wine, holding onto its sugar and acidity, explosive minerality and endless finish. Still so young, which is why I still have a few bottles put away. Undisputably mature, but still holding onto the sweetness of its youth. A glorious wine, which still has many years of life left.

I decanted this bottle. Some people don't decant, some don't believe in it, some decant only reds. I decant everything. And it really helped bring out the wine from its slumber. Brought the wine into focus, and really intensified the minerale. Beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment